Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Vacation, Swim Lessons, Kung Foo, Sleep, Etc.

This past weekend we had a family vacation to San Antonio. It was a great trip and Maddox had a blast. The first day we were there we went to Sea World. The killer whales, skiiers, sharks and feeding the dolphins were all real big hits. Just want to say a special thanks to the Rhodes clan for lending us their wagon. It came in super handy during nap time at Sea World.



The next day we went to the Children's Museum. He had a blast. He ran around playing with everything.(Planes, trains, tractors, bubbles, cows) You name it they had it. The rest of the weekend he wanted to go back and play.


We went to lunch at the Buckhorn. It is a cool place with lots to see. We wanted to take the tour of the whole place but the little guy was running on fumes and fell asleep during lunch.



Later that evening went to the Riverwalk for dinner. He loved watching the boats go by but we never got a chance to take a trip on one, A) it was never close B) by the point in the day it would be good to do it. He was not on his best behavior. So no fun boat rides for him.


On Saturday we spent some time at the Wax museum and at Ripley's. He was a little scared of some of the wax people. Especially the Joker from Batman. Overall I think he enjoyed checking out all of the wax people and the interesting stuff at Ripley's.



We had lunch at Landry's after getting a coupon for a free desert/appetizer. It was good. The highlight of this part of the adventure was that my lovely son went to the bathroom 5 times during lunch. Can you believe he actually pottied each time. Trip #1his dad brought him and he peed. As soon as they got back to the table and sat down. You hear " I go potty!" Trip #2 He has to go poo poo. I am not joking on this one. As soon as they get back to the table and sit down again. "I go potty!" Trip #3 Mommy brings him to potty. He poo poos again on the potty. We return to the table. We actually sit for a little bit. Then once again "I go potty!" Trip #4 Mommy takes him again and he peed in the potty. You would think he had nothing left at this point. One final time before we leave the restaurant Trip #5 He went again. Wow and I would like to point out that not one of those trips involved a half attempt. You would swear he hadn't been yet that day. The rest of the afternoon he napped and he spent the evening hanging out with Granny.

Highlights of recent things. Over the last week...some on the trip some before.
Maddox has decided it is time to pee in the potty standing. He actually thinks it is a fun game. So far so good. He has pretty good aim and he is still letting us know when he has to go #2.

He has slept through the night in his own bed 2 times this past week. For many of you this will come as a shock. My son still wakes up in the middle of the night and usually at about 3-4am he will come in our room and climb in what he calls Daddy bed.

Kung Foo... Since a little before Kung Foo Panda and especially after he has been doing karate moves. I guess one of the other little boys in his class introduced him to it and KFP reinforced it. He does the cutest little punching kicking routine. I will have to post the video when I get a chance. We have also had to collect the action figures from McDonald's happy meals lately too. We are only missing a couple. lol
We have officially finished swim lessons. Atleast for now. I plan on trying to bring him to the pool as often as I can to work on what he has already learned. Wish me luck.

0 comments: