Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend Update

What a nice relaxing weekend. Saturday morning we spent cleaning up and getting ready to go watch USM play Rice. We met Daddy right after he finished work. Made it a Mississippi day by all wearing our black and gold and stopping to eat lunch at McAllisters. Nothing like good ol' sweet tea. We headed to the game. The parking was awesome. Didn't have to walk far at all. Not like the LSU games we are used to. I believe there are more people that attend the Dickinson high school football games than do the Rice games. I was a little sad for the Rice team when there were almost as many fans cheering for USM than they had at a home game. We all got a little sun burnt from the glare off the empty bleachers. Overall it was a nice game to watch. Little guy mostly played with his super heroes and had popcorn and sno-cones. His favorite part was watching Seymore the Eagle mascot. I wish my camera wasn't broken cause he had some cute moments shaking his hand. There were a few exciting points in the game but when it was all over Rice won 45-40. After the game we saw a few people we knew that work for the team. We got some Southern Miss hats and little guy got an official Southern Miss Football from the guys. We hurried home to watch the LSU game on tv. Little guy fell asleep on the ride home and was down for the count. 

Today was a really lazy day. We spent the morning hanging around the house getting a few things done. After lunch and a nap we went to the park for a little fresh air. It was nice to be outdoors.  While coming back from the park little guy noticed two squirrels climbing the trees in front of the house. He says look mom it is a gochickawowwow. I couldn't stop from laughing. I said you mean the squirrels? He said "Nope they are gochickawowwows!" The things that come out of his mouth lately. 
This evening after dinner we played our new Scooby board game. Mommy was Velma, Maddox was Scooby and Daddy was Shaggy. Velma won or should I say Velma solved the case as usual. Then it was off to bed. 

0 comments: