Friday, October 3, 2008

Mystery

The mystery of the Mailbox. In the evenings lately little guy and I have been going out for walks around the neighborhood. The weather has been so beautiful I hate to waste it by staying indoors. Normally we will walk to the mailbox and grab the mail and then walk. So when we weren't headed to the mailbox he wanted to know why. I told him that the mailbox was not there. Lets just say he didn't believe me. He wanted to go see for himself that it was not there. So we walk over and I show him that all that is left are the screws the rest of the mailbox is gone. He looks very curious and says " Very Mysterious, Very Mysterious!". We go on our walk and get back home. When his daddy gets home he is telling him about the day and says "We have a mystery on our hands! The mailbox is missing. Where did it go? Who will know?"

P.S. The mailbox blew over during Ike and the post office had it removed while they order another one. I have been going up to the post office once a week to retrieve the mail. I am glad it was only temporary. Waiting in line stinks. Yesterday they replaced our box, but now we have to get new keys and it is facing the opposite direction from the old boxes. Very Mysterious!

3 comments:

Glass Princess said...

He says the best things! Don't you wish you always had a video camera to capture them all?!

Unknown said...

Ah! Backyardigans! That's too cute. At least he didn't say, "Ruh Roh!"

Wait til he finds out they put it in backwards...

S Lee said...

That is too cute. I can't wait to see you guys.