
This morning was our first trip to the dentist. This has been on the list for awhile but I just kept putting it off. Well a couple of months ago when I saw that my niece had some fillings in her baby teeth I got nervous. At my son's yearly checkup I asked his pedi for a recommendation. She gave me 4 names. I did a little research and picked one I thought would be good based on the reviews. I have been trying to get little guy all excited about going to the dentist this past week by giving him stars for brushing his teeth, telling him how the dentist will make his teeth pretty and white, basically anything to get him excited.
This morning he tells me he doesn't want to go to the dentist he wants mommy to clean his teeth. So mommy is a little concerned there may be trouble ahead. We get to the office and he immediately makes friends with the ladies at the front desk.

He shows them all his Superfrieds figures. A very nice staff lady comes out and tells us both what they are going to do. She tells him that if he takes good pics (x-rays) of his teeth he can get a BIG sticker. If he is good the whole time he can pick out two prizes and get a balloon when he goes home. He was super excited after hearing about the possibility of a suprise. He asked her "What could it be?" she says "You get to pick it?" He says "Is it candy?" she says "Nope sorry no candy!" I chuckled on the inside. Candy at a dentists office.
All the staff members were wearing Scooby scrubs. When little guy saw the scooby shirt he started singing the theme song to Scooby for her. He went to the back and was very good about taking his x-rays. I am super proud cause you could tell he didn't like it at all but he didn't complain and did exactly what she said. He got a big sticker for doing such a good job. After that he went to the next room and layed down on the table to let the lady clean his teeth. He said the spin thing felt cool and he loved the spit sucker.
The doctor then came in to check everything out. She said his teeth looked good and that he has lots of space which is great. On the x-rays you could see his big teeth above the little ones. That was pretty cool. She said just keep on brushing and we would be back in 6 months. While I was meeting with the doctor to go over the x-rays little guy got to go pick out his prizes and play with the toys. He picked out a halloween fake finger with a big red nail and a pirates eye patch. Overall the experience was A+++
0 comments:
Post a Comment