I swore I would be a GOOD mother and not allow my son to have sweets. I am not a big sweet eater so I didn't think that this would be too hard right. Well my son has found the bowl of candy at his daddy's office and he has found the bowl of dum dum's at daycare. He is addicted to what he calls Canny... He wakes up in the morning asking for canny. When we go to daycare he asks for canny...when we leave daycare he asks for canny... ( which he usually gets, but I will get to that in a minute). When we go to the store he asks for canny.... I LOATHE CANNY! Alright now for my moment of truth. I don't give in to canny much. I didn't start giving in to canny at all until lately (2-3 weeks ago). My son is sometimes the hardest child in the world to get into his car seat. Well one day he was especially good so I let him have a dum dum sucker for the first time as we were leaving daycare and I noticed how easy it was to get him into his seat with the lure that he would get his canny. Now it has become a ritual before we go to the car we get one dum dum. ( I don't feel too terribly guilty dum dum's are pretty small). The other time he gets candy is when he goes to his daddy's office. Only one piece of soft peppermint though... and the only reason this ever came to pass was because he saw a little girl who was there drag over a chair and climb on it to get her a piece of candy. So he started trying to drag chairs over to the candy jar at ( 14 months old) so his mommy figured it would be less dangerous if she just gave in and monitored him eating one piece of candy. (I tried hiding the jar of candy but that didn't work) Now unfortunately his sweet tooth has taken over and he is a CANNY Monster...sort of like the cookie monster.
If you have any ideas with this one please let me know......I would like to curb his sweet tooth.
Monday, July 23, 2007
The Candy Curse
Posted by Unknown at 7/23/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Danger....Danger Will Robinson. Good luck with this one.
Post a Comment