So this year for Valentine's my little man was dead set on having this item at his Valentine's party at school...guess? Chocolate..No, Candy.. No, Girls.. No, Valentines Cards..No...Give up? He was dead set on having cornbread for his party at school. Don't ask where he got that idea. I have no clue. His teacher asked me when I got back in town if I was actually planning on making cornbread. I told him we would see. At the school you can't bring homemade items anymore everything has to be store bought so I wasn't sure if I would be able to bring any cornbread at all. I asked his teacher who sent me to the front to ask the lovely ladies in charge. Believe it or not they said sure as long as he didn't share with the other kids. I really didn't think that would be a problem since the day before most of the kids in the class told me they didn't eat cornbread it was yucky. I decided to make his cornbread a little festive and put a few drops of red food coloring in the mix which made it a very pretty shade of pink.
Haven't you all thought of bringing pink cornbread to your kids school for Valentine's day? The cornbread was sort of a hit, I mean next to all the cookies and decorated cupcakes and pure sugar I couldn't imagine it being the star of the show. He did eat a little cornbread so as not to break his mom's heart for going to all that trouble.

1 comments:
Too funny. Cornbread for Vday.
Post a Comment