Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Maddox! I still can't believe that you are turning 4 today. It does seem like just yesterday we were taking you home from the hospital. All 9 lbs 14 oz of you!
You have grown to be such a wonderful child. The only thing to match your size is your BIG personality. I wonder every day what you will grow to become. You have so many interests. I pray that it stays that way. You are a joy to behold.
I remember your first birthday, watching you tear apart the little bug cake. You were timid at first but once that sweet tooth kicked in there was no hope for the cake making it.

That next year was a blur. You changed and grew so fast. You always noticed the world around you. By your second birthday you were fascinated by all of the construction in the area. You loved the tractors, cranes, bull dozers, dump trucks and any other heavy machinery around. You loved to look at books and you hadn't really gotten into TV too much yet...

You really started to come into your own from 2 to 3. You have such a strong personality. I delight in watching you take on the world. This year was a little rough. We really tested the limits for each other. I am glad that we both made it through without too much damage in our wake. This year you really let me know that you are all boy! Run, jump, shoot, kung fu...you wanted to do it all. Your heroes were Scooby Doo, Batman, and Daddy (aka Superman).

You have really matured this year. You are such a great helper. Still like to test me to make sure I mean what I say but you have been such a joy. You really are growing into my little man. Everyday I laugh and am amazed by the things you come up with. I am waiting with anticipation to see where next year leads. I was a little nervous about getting you a puppy this year but it has been great for you. Milo is your buddy. I love to watch the two of you play and run around. You are so sweet and caring with him one minute and rough the the next. You guys are perfect together. I will enjoy watching you two bond even more as time goes on.

To my son, I LOVE YOU!
Mommy

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such an amazing child. He is more of a character every year as his personality continues to develop.

xo
Auntie Shyra