Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Face Plant Acrobat

Yesterday when I went to pick up the little man he had a Boo Boo report. If you have never gotten a Boo Boo report count yourself lucky. It means somehow your child got hurt at daycare, which isn't good but is better in a way than an Oh No report (your child hurting someone else).


It said that he was swinging from some chairs and bumped his head. He is always getting dings and scratches, so I wasn't too worried. I got to his classroom and he had what looked like carpet burn on his forehead. It wasn't carpet burn though it was from him hitting the ground so hard the carpet left an impression on his forehead. His nose and upper lip were also scratched. Once I was there his teacher gave me all the details. I can say I was disappointed that they didn't call me since he had head trauma, but we have that all ironed out now.
So as soon as we left daycare we headed to Daddy's office to get him checked out and make sure that nothing was wrong. No teeth loose, nothing broken, no concussion, etc. After a thorough check by Dr. G and by Daddy he was cleared. I was relieved but had thought he was fine. He has complained a little about he spots being sore but overall he is doing just great. When I asked him why he was swinging on the chairs...."Mom I was being an acrobat!"
Today his head looks so much better. I can say the pictures really don't do it justice.


Mom taking my mug shot

Are you done yet?

Ok I am cheesing for you are you done?
If you click on the pictures it gives you a better look.

1 comments:

S Lee said...

He is ready for his teen years with the look you are getting in the middle :)