

That is how we all felt last Saturday when a quick trip to the mall before my week out of town turned into an all day event. I have been needing to go get my watch fixed for ages. I had it down on my list for that day. Hubby wanted to go pick up some new shoes so we all went to the mall. We got all of our stuff done pretty quickly but on the way out of the mall it started to rain. 
I didn't think it would be a big deal but it dumped buckets of water quickly. We were on the I-45 feeder road headed home and the water was rising fast. Normally we would have taken the hubby's truck but little guy was asleep in the backseat when we headed to the mall so we took my car. I being the nervous nelly that I am got a little worried when I could feel the water under the car. We decided to pull of the road and wait for the water to go down.... not knowing this storm would last FOREVER! The little guy fell asleep again so that was good news. The bad news we had to wait 3.5 hours for the water to go down enough to be passable. There were about 10 other cars waiting with us. One guy got impatient, left too soon and flooded out his car. Making everyone else waiting even more patient. Little guy woke up during our wait and asked if we were there yet! We all got a good laugh out of that. Can I just tell you 3 people stuck in a non-moving car, with no radio, no a/c, and the windows up in the rain for that long really gets old after awhile. Even though I was a nervous wreck the little guy was pretty good for a 3.5 year old in that situation. 
We finally got out of the parking lot and back to near the house. All the entrances to our subdivision were totally flooded over. People were parked on the sides of each of the roads. We hadn't eaten in awhile so we decided to go grab dinner and hopefully the water would go down and we could get to the house. We had a yummy dinner at the Fish Place. After dinner we found the roads still covered so we decided to go check out the hubby's office. We made it there just fine. Spent a couple of hours there cleaning up a little water that had gotten in and printing off my boarding pass for the next morning to Alabama. 
We headed home for a 3rd time. This time the water was still over the roads but we decided to leave the car with the others and walk home. We walked about 2 blocks to the house around the cul-de-sac behind our house. It was 10:30pm when we finally made it home. What a crazy day!! I finally was able to move the car into the driveway about 2am and there was still water on the roads the next morning.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Rain Rain Go Away
Posted by Unknown at 4/25/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment