Tuesday Dec 23rd we headed to Louisiana. Maddox in the third row, Daddy laid up in the second row, and Mommy at the wheel. Good thing I know how to drive the Expedition with a big blind spot right in the middle of the back window. We got to Eunice about 5pm. Ali was waiting on Maddox. The two of them played their hearts out. At about 8pm the crew came to visit at Andre's and we had 7 kids under the age of 4 (Most of them 3) running around. It was wild, but they had a great time!
Wednesday Dec 24th Maddox and Ali woke up to lots of presents under the tree. They had a great time opening all of their gifts. We had a wonderful lunch thanks to Andre! Nice to visit with Maw Maw Pont, Uncle Larry, Pawsy, Paran, Ali, and Uncle Milton even dropped by for a few minutes. We headed out to Roanoke at about 8 or so that night. Once we got to the house we all went for a quick drive to Jennings to see Christmas lights... and what is a trip to Louisiana without a drive thru daiquiri-Bubba's Chosen Frozen was literally one of the only things open on Christmas eve.
Thursday Dec 25th Maddox woke up right in time to open presents as the last one had been placed under the tree. He opened a TON of Batman and Superfriends toys. I really don't know if we have enough room for all of his stuff now. We had a nice day of hanging around with Granny and Auntie Shyra. Granny made Max's favorite chicken & dumplin's for lunch. Yummy!!! Did I mention that it was almost 80° and so muggy you could cut the air with a knife. No white Christmas for us... not even close.
Friday Dec 26th was spent preparing for the Dees Family game night. One of my favorite parts of the holidays. We always end up laughing till we can't stop. This year we played Family Feud for the first time. It was soooo funny. We had a great host and lots of awesome contestants. What is a name that you would call your pet but wouldn't want to be named??? Puss puss...While the adults played games and chatted the kids had a BLAST running around after each other. I know mine slept like a log that night. I hope Will, Sarah and Jude did too!
Saturday Dec 27th was spent lounging around visiting a few family members we hadn't seen yet and packing to head home. We went by Auntie Una's house and played the Wii Fit for a little bit. Lets just say I know that I will never be a hula hooper or a tight rope walker, but I am a decent ski jumper (even though I have never put on a pair of ski's). Auntie Shyra is an awesome hula girl. Nick ski jumps pretty well too! Auntie Una is a ball of snow and Kasey has some of the best balance on the planet. We had fun! After that we hit the road. The weather was ugly and rained a good bit of the way home. Driving a big SUV in the wind and the rain is no fun at all. I was glad to be home in my own bed, but we had a great Christmas trip!A funny note from when we got back. The James family sent Maddox a gift and we unwrapped it when we got home. Little guy looks at the label on the gift and says "It says I was good today! so I can open my present."
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Christmas in Review
Posted by Unknown at 12/28/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sounds like you had a terrific Christmas!!! I hope you are starting the new year of great! Thanks so much for your support in my blog!
Chritmas will only get better from here on out. Sounds like it was great fun!
Come on over to my blog for an award I gave you!
Hula-hoop pro until I get a real hoop :)
Post a Comment